What happens when you invite an author to visit, speak to, and work with your students?
- students start reading, or read more
- they realise that they are story tellers with valuable stories to tell
- they begin to appreciate the value and power of words, both for themselves and their community
- they are empowered to tell stories in what ever way they are equipped to do so
- students who struggle to read or find little interest in books often come away encouraged to give it a go
- students see that the arts are a viable and recognised career option
- they understand and appreciate the process involved with creating books, writing stories and creating visual narrative
- they learn about the journey of story telling as individuals: where do stories come from, how do they begin, how can we tell them?
Having an author or illustrator visit your school will impact your students in ways you would never have thought possible.